Elbow Pain Treatment - Learn The Symptoms & Treatment Options
Elbow Pain is usually associated with Tennis Elbow; ironically it is not just limited to tennis players, lifting and using hand tools can put you at risk
The elbow is in use on a daily basis
Your elbow’s a joint formed where three bones come together - your upper arm bone, called the humerus and the ulna and radius, the two bones that make up your forearm.
The forearm muscles that bend the wrist back are attached and connected by a single tendon. Tendons connect muscles to bone.
The continuous pull on these muscles and tendons causes general wear and tear.
Lateral epicondylitis, commonly known as tennis elbow, is not limited to tennis players. Many types of repetitive activities can also lead to tennis elbow: Manual labour such as carpentry or using tools, desk work and playing some musical instruments.
Common Causes Of Tennis Elbow
Overuse of the muscles and tendons of the forearm and elbow are the most common reason people develop tennis elbow.
Tennis elbow affects the cells within the tendon. Doctors call this condition tendinopathy. In tendinopathy, wear and tear is thought to lead to tissue degeneration.
Some genera causes include:
- Lack of strength in the forearm muscles
- Instability of the elbow joint
- Poor technique during sport
- Sporting equipment not suited to the individual, for example a golf club too heavy for the person using it
- Tedious and repetitive movements of the hands and arms
- Incorrect or improper lifting technique
Common Symptoms Of Tennis Elbow
- Gradually worsening pain on the bony part of the Elbow
- Pain extending from the outside of the elbow down to the forearm and wrist
- A weakened grip
- Squeezing an object such as a stress ball may feel difficult
- Pain lifting or even opening jars
How We Treat Elbow Pain
The goal in Elbow Pain and Tennis Elbow treatment is to help the tendon heal.
- Dry needling
- Soft tissue& joint mobilisation
- Ultrasound& Acupuncture
- Shock wave therapy
- Cortisone injection
- Plasma Rich Platelets
- Clinical Pilates
- Elbow strap